about the destination
START TO TAKE PORTFOLIO WORTHY PHOTOGRAPHS
YOU MAY ALSO ASK:
Should you have any other questions please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Throughout the trip, I do my best to provide you with amazing accommodation, but what you get might not be 5-star throughout. Particularly during our time in rural areas, some modern luxuries simply won’t be available despite us staying in a nice hotel. However, we can guarantee the essentials you’ll need in order to enjoy your stay: warmth, good food; power plugs for charging batteries; plus a modern, heated bus, and comfortable beds. The wifi will be at least consistent, if not necessarily fast.
Some elements of this trip will require walking and sometimes over rough ground – so be sure to bring proper walking boots or other outdoor footwear. You’ll also need warm outerwear.
- What Should I Bring With Me?
- There could be storms, or it may be raining at points so maybe bring a raincoat.
- Enough clothes for the entire trip.
- Solid boots – such as walking boots.
- Lots of spare batteries (as they will soon run flat) and memory cards.
- A sturdy tripod – 99% of my work is shot using a tripod (a loan could be arranged if you tell me in advance).
- Manual for your camera.
- Laptop for editing during the week (if interested/mentioned in the tour listed).
- Phone – wifi will be provided at hotels.
- Power adaptor(s).
- Check the welcome pack for any additions to this list.
Once you arrive in the coutry and settle in at our Hotel – we’ll gather for a brief welcome and introduction, this will be mentioned in the WELCOME PACK and on the Whats App group chat (that I will set up prior). The aim here is to get together to chat about travel, cameras, and all the things we’ll see in our time together.
We’ll arrange transportation for you back to the relevant airport and from here, head homeward or onto your next destination. If you’d like to extend your time in the destination, I will be happy to offer advice and suggestions of things to do and photograph.
Just make sure to let me know as it might be more convenient to stay in the same start/end hotel or accommodation spot. If this is the case, I will usually offer to book it for you (additional fee due upon check-in).
All of my destinations are connected – it is key for me when I am choosing tour destinations. In the welcome pack – I will list the start and end destination for your tour. The pack will ALWAYS be sent out 6 months prior to the tour taking place.
However, since the global pandemic hit us all in Spring 2020 – huge changes have hit the travel industry and multiple airlines/carriers have changed routes/destinations. My best advice is to look on Skyscanner – but also don’t rule out looking on airlines sites directly for flights, such as on Ryanair, Pegasus or Middle Eastern Airlines. Sometimes deals don’t pop up on sites like Skyscanner and things are changing/improving daily – Wizz air for instance had lots of options change in mid-2020 – but have said they are revising routes daily since 2022.
I would also STRONGLY advise booking directly with airlines for the foreseeable future – as should the worst happen, you would stand in a better position to get a refund or to make a claim through your insurance firm. In other words – don’t book with firms that act like agencies (Lastminute.com) etc.
I can highly recommend Turkish Airlines as one example – they have been “photographer friendly” since 2020. But of course this only works if they fly to the tour spot.
For this trip please check with me if you are ensure which airport to fly into or out of. If unsure, please email me on email@example.com.
Sure you can – just make sure to let me know as it might be more convenient to stay in the same start/end hotel or accommodation spot. If this is the case, I will usually offer to book it for you (additional fee due upon check-in).
- Any personal expenses/gifts for friends etc.
- Alcohol costs – accept where stated in the welcome pack.
- Travel Insurance.
- Photography Insurance.
- Some food might not be included – check welcome pack for details.
- International air tickets – See “how do I fly” section for more information on flights.
- Visa fees (if applicable) – but I can offer advice or assistance.
- Photography equipment, although some hire can be arranged through James in advance.